Sunday, December 11, 2016

Christmas memories.



Isn't it funny that at Christmas something in you gets so lonely for — I don't know what exactly, but it's something that you don't mind so much not having at other times.

Kate L. Bosher
 My dad, his twin brother, and myself.  Many years ago.

On Christmas, more than any other time of the year except for birthdays, I find myself remembering.  Remembering what used to be and yearning to have it back again.  But no matter how much I wish and yearn for, one can never go back again.  Childhood is long gone.  Parents are gone, grandparents are gone.  Gone but never forgotten.  Never forgotten.
 
And as we move into this holiday season of 2016 there are many new memories to be made now that family has moved back into the area.  No longer will we be separated throughout the country with a huge family party planned for the 29th.  Children, grandchildren, great grandchildren.  All coming together.
 
And I just know that our ancestors will be looking down on us and smiling. 

1 comment:

  1. As my Dad used to say, "As long as you say our names and remember us, we are never gone."

    ReplyDelete