Sunday, January 22, 2017

Hi Everyone



First we are children to our parents, then parents to our children, then parents to our parents, then children to our children.

Milton Greenblatt

Gosh, it has been so long.  Just haven't been able to visit here.  My apologies. I always say I am going keep up with this, and then I do the opposite.   So much going on.  Had some shoulder issues which made it hard for me to type so I stayed away from the computer as much as possible to allow it time to heal.  Repetition injury and a bit of osteoarthritis. I hate that crunching sound when I move it.   Golly, this growing old is no picnic for sure.  

Got some awesome news for you.  As you know, a few years back I became an ordained interfaith minister.  Well, back in November for the heck of it I sent in my credentials, all courses taken, and my letter of intention.  Wasn't expecting anything, and even if accepted, wasn't planning on completing it because, honestly, I don't have the money.  Well, the first week of the year I not only got my acceptance into school, but with the scholarships for senior citizens and financially strapped individuals, I don't have to pay.....and I after completing a few necessary courses toward my Masters, I have been placed in the Doctorate Program with studies focusing on Feminist Theology.  Basically, the semester opens in March, but one of my core subjects is open now so I've been working on that.

Also signed up for a course 30 Days of Brigid.  It's part of a series of 30 day seasonal courses based on the wheel of the year.  Very enjoyable. 

My retiree classes at college start in February and will not interfere with my courses.  I am only taking three this year....Retirement and Aging, Creative Writing and Memoir Writing.   I gave up on the Spanish class before the end of the year.  We NEVER move on.  Each semester several new people join the class, and we end up starting at the beginning again.  Sorry,  but I have had enough.  Thought by now I'd be past greetings.

Oh yes, and I'm almost finished with my Crystal Healing course.  I keep myself busy for sure.    And I am now walking over two miles a day.  Big difference from three years ago when I could barely go a block.  Would never know I'm going to be 70 in two months.

I will leave you with a few pictures of Christmas with the family.  First one with us altogether in 40 years.  Only one missing was my eldest son who still has not found forgiveness in his heart.

 My daughter and I.
 My daughter and my grandchildren.
 Me and one of my great granddaughters.
 Me, my two sons, and my daughter.
 Granddaughter and her husband, great grandchildren, daughter and her friend.

 The two blonds are my great grandchildren.
My granddaughter and her husband, my grandson, my three great grandsons, and my great granddaughter.
 

4 comments:

  1. For goodness sake...I thought you hadn't been posting for quite a while because you don't use a subject line so there was no change in my list of blogs I read. Good grief. So sorry I haven't been checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are beautiful, Mary, and I want to say congratulations on your acceptance, also I hope any pain you may have goes away my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy that doctorate program -- sounds awesome! I enjoyed your xmas photos. You're looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow how awesome! Congrats on going for your doctorate!! Sounds like you have been pretty busy.

    ReplyDelete